Saturday, July 3, 2010

Epals Update

I am very happy to say that my epals plan is working out wonderfully. I have heard from more then half of my students and they are also communicating with each other.

As I had expected the communications are not very long, but at the same time they are actually happening. I know some parents are obviously helping with spelling, but some are just letting their kids go. It is great to see how my students continue to make progress over the summer. Many of them are really creative with their spelling and their ideas. I think I might have a few really writers in my bunch!!

2 comments:

  1. I think it is great that the parents are letting their students go off and try writing all on their own! That is such a fun age to see how kids think some words are spelled. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great that students have been writing you. I think it is very sweet that you want to stay in touch with your students over the summer, and I am sure that parents are excited about that too. My only concern would be in a school like mine where not all students have computers at home. I guess that they could go to the library and get on to write you; however, it would take a little more effort. I think you should post some of the students' messages! They are so cute at that age :)

    ReplyDelete